Please save the date for the next Open Science Retreat November 14-15, 2023.
Only together can we successfully change the way we work scientifically.
Only together can we advance Open Science.
- WE does not mean scientists only.
- WE incorporates scientists, science communicators, data stewards, librarians, publishers, editors, and other stakeholders involved in Open Science developments.
With the Open Science Retreat, the ZBW wants to bring together international Open Science supporters from different stakeholder groups. For two afternoons in a row, the aim is to dive deep into the topics that are of burning interest to all of us.
Our next topic is
“The agility of commercial infrastructures versus the sluggishness of institutional infrastructures – How do we design innovative and user-centred community-owned infrastructures?”
14 & 15 November 2023, 13:30-15:30 CET
“Reproducible Research and Open Science”
Date: tba, spring 2024
Are you interested in past retreats and their results? Check out the reviews here
ZBW Open Science Engagement
The ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (www.zbw.eu) presents its activities in Open Science: a triad of research, engagement and development for Open Science.
- The ZBW does research in the area of Open Science, in particular in computer and information science, in media science and digital economics.
It wants to strengthen the commercial independence of, and excellence in, the science system. The ZBW wants to enable easy and quick access to scientific findings, publications and data.
- The ZBW is an active player in science policy, nationally and internationally, to implement Open Science.
- At the same time, the ZBW actively builds this Open Science ideal by developing and integrating new technologies that enable access and remove barriers.