Please save the date for the next Open Science Retreat June 14/15, 2022.
Next Retreat June 14/15, 2022, Online
Open Science in Times of Global Crises
About Open Science Retreat
Only together can we successfully change the way we work scientifically.
Only together can we advance Open Science.
- WE does not mean scientists only.
- WE incorporates scientists, science communicators, data stewards, librarians, publishers, editors, and other stakeholders involved in Open Science developments.
With the Open Science Retreat, the ZBW wants to bring together international Open Science supporters from different stakeholder groups. For two afternoons in a row, the aim is to dive deep into the topics that are of burning interest to all of us.
The Open Science Retreat is an interactive event. Participants are expected to commit to active contribution during the entire retreat. The number of participants is limited and will be balanced due to diversity aspects.
You are an Open Science advocate and would like to exchange your experiences and ideas with a group of 30 like-minded international Open Science enthusiasts from completely different domains?
Deadline for applications: tba
We are looking forward to an exciting retreat – be part of it!
These are our next topics:
- Economic actors in the context of Open Science – The role of the private sector in the field of Open Science (October 1/2, 2022)
Are you interested in past retreats and their results. Check here the reviews
ZBW Open Science Engagement
The ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (www.zbw.eu) presents its activities in Open Science: a triad of research, engagement and development for Open Science.
- The ZBW does research in the area of Open Science, in particular in computer and information science, in media science and digital economics.
It wants to strengthen the commercial independence of, and excellence in, the science system. The ZBW wants to enable easy and quick access to scientific findings, publications and data.
- The ZBW is an active player in science policy, nationally and internationally, to implement Open Science.
- At the same time, the ZBW actively builds this Open Science ideal by developing and integrating new technologies that enable access and remove barriers.